Stepping Stones is…
Stepping Stones Bible Camp is a non-profit, overnight summer camp for students from Grades 3 to 12.
Our purpose is simple: to encourage young people to know Christ more deeply.
Our vision is to be a camp where young people grow in knowing Christ and encourage others to do the same.
• Campers, counsellors and volunteers knowing that they are broken, but made right with God through Jesus.
• Teaching GRACE: Gods riches at Christ’s Expense.
• Holding firmly to the Word, in personal devotions and in chapel.
• Spending time in prayer.
• Knowing that God loves us unconditionally, and therefore loving others unconditionally.
• Seeing the fruits of the Spirit: love joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
• People who are genuinely happy because they know that God loves them, and they are eternally secured.
• People looking comfortable
• Hearing every child laughing or seeing them smiling.
• Hearing “That was so fun, I want to come back — do you want to come too?”
• Food presented in a fun way.
• Buildings decorated in a fun way.
• Celebrating unique skills, stories and diversity
• Putting the service of others above our own wishes, just like Jesus did for us.
• Seeing no anxious campers.
• Seeing no physical or emotional injuries.
• Seeing policies and procedures in place and being followed.
• Caring about all others and asking: “How are you really doing?”
• People asking, “Can I pray with you?”
• People feeling comfortable enough to say, “I need to tell you something...”
• Good, wholesome food.
Our camp is located on a 160 acre mountainside property in Deroche, British Columbia. Our property has a humble assortment of old farm buildings with a magnificent vantage point over the eastern Fraser Valley along with a slice of steep mountain side.
The mixture of humble existence combined with the joy and wonder of the views is simply captivating and speaks to the message of the Bible Camp.
Chair, Long Range Planning and Capital Projects
Vice Chair, Marketing and Fundraising
Treasurer and Human Relations
Secretary and Rentals
Property and Infrastructure